ROTTEN EGG

ENGEC35

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2018
Hi! We have a few eggs in the incubator, and I have been getting a whiff of something (not pungent) every now and again when we open the incubator. (just a couple days)

Now that we are on Day 21/22, they have been in lock-down since 18. I think the smell has gotten a bit stronger.

We went through all 7 eggs last night and sniffed each one closely. We found one single egg in particular that has a sharper odor coming from it. For a few minutes, we were convinced it was a dead chick, especially because during candling, this egg seemed very buoyant inside the shell. Like the whole mass inside would flip and move about if I were to turn the egg over (I tried, it seemed like this is what happened).

After a few minutes we lost our confidence and put the egg back in with his mates.

What should we do? I don't want to keep cooking a goner :(

Hi! We have a few eggs in the incubator, and I have been getting a whiff of something (not pungent) every now and again when we open the incubator. (just a couple days)

Now that we are on Day 21/22, they have been in lock-down since 18. I think the smell has gotten a bit stronger.

We went through all 7 eggs last night and sniffed each one closely. We found one single egg in particular that has a sharper odor coming from it. For a few minutes, we were convinced it was a dead chick, especially because during candling, this egg seemed very buoyant inside the shell. Like the whole mass inside would flip and move about if I were to turn the egg over (I tried, it seemed like this is what happened).

After a few minutes we lost our confidence and put the egg back in with his mates.

What should we do? I don't want to keep cooking a goner :(
Hey, if it stinks you should get rid of it, if you leave it in any longer it will explode, and could kill the other chicks, i wouldn't risk the chance of leaving it in there.
Best Wishes

Hey, if it stinks you should get rid of it, if you leave it in any longer it will explode, and could kill the other chicks, i wouldn't risk the chance of leaving it in there.
Best Wishes

I just couldnt tell for sure! I mean, I think it did have a stink to it, but Im so not sure!

Back
Top Bottom