Rouen Duck thread

I am so proud of my Rouens. They're 9 weeks old and just moved from a horse trailer to the coop. :yesss:
It smells so much better, so cleaner, everyone is so much happier now!
Man, I love Rouens though. :love:

Awwwwww He's so beautiful !!! My boys are about 12 weeks now and just starting to get the white around the neck. I love your little guy. I find this so exciting. My friends back in Colorado think I'm crazy!!!! LOL!!!

Ok so I have a 3 months old Rouen and I need to get him a duck diaper. Any recommendations on brand and also what size should I get him. Also he is a male, do I need to get him a female or will he be ok without one. I have been holding off on getting another one because I am worried he will attack her and I will have to keep them separated all the time.

Ok so I have a 3 months old Rouen and I need to get him a duck diaper. Any recommendations on brand and also what size should I get him. Also he is a male, do I need to get him a female or will he be ok without one. I have been holding off on getting another one because I am worried he will attack her and I will have to keep them separated all the time.

He should have a female. Do you have other ducks? If not, why not? All ducks should be in the company of other ducks. He can go and breed and hang just as easily with other breeds, too. If you have Muscovies though, Muscovy-Mallard-derived breed crosses will not be fertile.
If he is 3 months, why isn't he outside? Sorry just curious.
Just quarentine the female duck and put her in his sight. Then put them together after a week or so and watch carefully to make sure he doesn't try to kill her. If some pecking happens, that's okay. You only need to be alarmed if he tries to kill her, she is huddled in a corner and listless, or she has bare patches from him plucking her feathers. Good luck. :)

Just thought I'd share my beautiful duck's feathers....

Back
Top Bottom