Rouen Duck thread

Pics
my ducklings will be here wednesday and i am soo excited! i ordered five rouen ducks and a drake and five pekin ducks and a drake from metzer farms and i am driving my husband crazy does anyone have metzer farms rouens? would love to see some pics!

I am so excited for you!!
wee.gif
Post some pics right away, please.
Our Rouens are from Metzer Farms. Here is a pic of our drake (surviving our brutally cold winter)... I couldn't find any good pictures of the ladies.

We had a record egg day!! We got 10 out of 10, so I can easily assume that all our ducks are finally laying. One more beautiful blue/green egg was in the mix again today. I wish all my Rouens layed that color but I guess the other two are white. As soon as I can separate my ducks for breeding I'm going to try to hatch out those pretty eggs and pray for more that will give me that color.

I got my Rouens from Frey's hatchery here in Ontario, and they are such healthy and sweet birds. Large eggs are starting now, too. Talk about YUMMY!!! I've never had duck eggs before!

Tomorrow I'm making pancakes with them. MMMMMM!!!

Here is are a few pictures of my male and his girls.

Then are not quite a year now.

I got my hatching eggs locally where on a dairy farm they had all kind of ducks running around. They had Pekins, Rouen, Cayuga, crested and Swedish.
Got about 18 eggs last spring (or however u wanna call the endless winter then) that I threw in the bator but only 2 Rouen hatched. :(

A week later I also got 2 Pekins, 1 khaki from L&M and in late fall we added one more special Pekin (she has crippled feet and was supposed to get butchered) and 2 Rouen girls since both of mine were boys. My special girl is sitting on a nest now while we got Ancina duck eggs in the bator and more on the way. Gosh, I absolutely love my quacky family! <3

Beautiful ducks everybody!

No green eggs from my Rouens...
sad.png

a couple of Pekin/Rouen crosses that I hatched out.

the Pekin/Rouen cross female

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom