Rouen Duck thread

Hello,
I thought I would post our ducks.
I'm hoping one is male and one is female! Not 100% yet...
Any guess from the picture?

Last edited:
none yet u can voice sex though.

From bill color i would say one male and one female but bill color is not always reliable 

Which one would you think is which by bill color?
The one on the right quacks her head off sometimes... So I'm pretty sure she is a she...
But the other one is quite quiet...

Well, now I'm a little worried,

Just let the ducks out this morning and my 2nd duck's bill has started turning olive at the center, she's never quacked a lot but I have heard her quack... the two drakes peep for sure, they're just over two months old and they seem to be starting to molt as well.

Last edited:
Well, now I'm a little worried,

Just let the ducks out this morning and my 2nd duck's bill has started turning olive at the center, she's never quacked a lot but I have heard her quack... the two drakes peep for sure, they're just over two months old and they seem to be starting to molt as well.

You *might* be ok. But I wouldn't count on it. You might want to think about making plans to either re-home one of the drakes, or separate the males and the females into two separate flocks. You still have time, but you'll want to have a plan in place if they start abusing the girls. Watch for bare necks on the girls, or the drakes fighting, or one duck getting ganged up on by both drakes. You can lose a duck if they're being over-mated or ganged up on.

Back
Top Bottom