Rouen Duck thread

I'm following! I have experience with raising chickens, but my lil guy, 8 years old, bought 2 Rouen ducks at the farmer's market. They are now 6 weeks old. We are super anxious to see what sex they will turn out to be, at the same time watching them is so darn entertaining, I may like them as must as I do my chickens...
Hi Maria0! Welcome to BYC!! Feel free to share pictures.
big_smile.png

Update on my babies.

So far three o my four Rouen's are full blown quacking, the other one is getting green on his head and is getting a low rasp! and about the white ring, she has always had that, even with her fuzzies! I thought it was odd but there is no rasp whatso ever with the other three, so I'm assuming that I have three girls and a boy, plus the three are a lot smaller then the boy.

Would anyone be interested in a 9 week old roen drake? I need to trade my male for a female or sell him for 25 dollars. I live in Tennessee. Please pm me

So when do female rouens start to molt? Our males are coming along nicely, but it doesn't seem like the females have started

It appears we have 2 hens & 1 drake. They are 3 months old and the drake has had his curly drake feather for about a month. Now I am a bit concerned about one of the hens and her bi-colored bill, half brown half kind of greenish. Can that still be a hen?

Last edited:

It appears we have 2 hens & 1 drake. They are 3 months old and the drake has had his curly drake feather for about a month. Now I am a bit concerned about one of the hens and her bi-colored bill, half brown half kind of greenish. Can that still be a hen?

My knowledge is limited, but based on what I've read, yes, it's possible for a hen to have a bill like that. They're all beautiful. What breed are the 2 in the background?

Back
Top Bottom