Rouen Duck thread

Almost no baby fuzz left!!

Please help, am I Daisy or Donald?

My wife and I are in a debate.(for simplification I will refer to him as a he even though that is still to be determined.) He Quacks But not as loud or pronounced as his cambell friend he is penned with. He has a huge but as my wife puts it. he often is not very protective of her although he does follow her quite often. his bill was more orange now has more green, but still no green head.he seems to swim more than her.. any help would be appreciated. please and thank you.

Please help, am I Daisy or Donald?

My wife and I are in a debate.(for simplification I will refer to him as a he even though that is still to be determined.) He Quacks But not as loud or pronounced as his cambell friend he is penned with. He has a huge but as my wife puts it. he often is not very protective of her although he does follow her quite often. his bill was more orange now has more green, but still no green head.he seems to swim more than her.. any help would be appreciated. please and thank you.
What age ? usually by around 3-4 months the drakes will begin to show the drake feather I don't see it.

I am new to all this and have some questions. I have 17 and want to know if I should just keep all males. They just got there blue streak last week. I want to know how to sex them I have one with a white ring around his neck. So far I think I have figured out that males don't quack like females, if so then I have 7 males and 10 females. Thanks for the help

I am new to all this and have some questions. I have 17 and want to know if I should just keep all males. They just got there blue streak last week. I want to know how to sex them I have one with a white ring around his neck. So far I think I have figured out that males don't quack like females, if so then I have 7 males and 10 females. Thanks for the help

Some folks keep drake flocks. Some keep the males and females separated. One person I know says she keeps the "Men's Clubhouse" at least a certain number of feet away from the females to reduce hormonal behavior.

Wow. How CUTE. Your adorable child holding the very precious and soft duck.
Thank you Julie. My daughter loves our ducks. She has no fear of our feathered friends, if we need to see a chicken or duck up close we release the 4 year old and she brings one back to us. We have had her and our 7 yr old involved in their raising since the day we brought them home. Sometimes I wouldn't be able to find her when they were brooding in our laundry room and I would find her in there petting them in her lap.

Back
Top Bottom