Rouen Duck thread

Yeah, I'm very sure. We bought them at the local feed store and they were all Rouens that we purchased. She's fully grown but smaller than my other female so her body weight is dis-proportionally smaller and her wings are long so she had both of those going for her, plus I think she was ****** at her mate and I confess, I've flown the coop a few times when my husband ****** me off. LoL!!!

My two babies. I do have some questions. I am new to the breed and have noticed some odd behavior. I believe both are female. Theu are about 4 months old and the one with the darker beak always approaches me nodding and quaking. When she gets close enough to me she will lay her head and body down against the ground and spread her wings out. Probably a dumb question but what the heck is she doing? Establishing dominance?

My two babies. I do have some questions. I am new to the breed and have noticed some odd behavior. I believe both are female. Theu are about 4 months old and the one with the darker beak always approaches me nodding and quaking. When she gets close enough to me she will lay her head and body down against the ground and spread her wings out. Probably a dumb question but what the heck is she doing? Establishing dominance?

No, she's asking to be stroked I suppose. and how in heck is that showing "dominance"?

She is in love with you.

My best guess about duck-human relationships, given that they are all different because of the different individuals involved, is that ducks express affection pretty much one way . . .romantically. They play hop on top with each other, they flirt with each other - my all girl group. I think it is possible that since the duck keeper person provides protection and food and swim water and other sorts of fun, that ducks find that attractive and express it the same way they flirt with each other.

Ooops sorry. I just read my posted post and I see a word that was blocked. It wasn't a curse word but clearly a word that isn't okay here. I'll be sure not to use it again. My 87 year old mother hates that word too. Next time i'll say he "angered" her. So the one in the back is the one that flew last night about 100 feet and at about 40 feet in height. My husband thinks she was flying towards my voice, but I think she was trying to get away from her male paramour.

Anyway, here's a pic of them this morning. If I'm wrong about what kind of ducks I have, someone please let me know. I'm under the impression I bought what I was told they were. Thanks!! P.s. I've named her Amelia Duckhart because she flew so well!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom