Rouen ducklings

Andria3232

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 24, 2014
Hi, I am somewhat new to raising ducks. I had a few growing up but they were given to us all ready full grown. I recently got two Rouen ducklings from Tractor supply and attempted to vent sex them but I don't think I did it right or they are both girls ha. I'm very anxious to know the sex but I have only had them for almost a month (I'm not sure how old they are already when tractor supply gets them, a day old like the chicks?) I know when they get older the beak color is a good determination and as of right now there is only a very slight beak difference which doesn't say much. One is a lot more vocal then the other and making new noises as opposed to the usual baby chatter. Also only one of them has a white spot towards the lower half of the body on each side. Does the white spots mean anything? Or is it just way to early to tell. Thank you for all the help!

Beak colors:

White spots on the one duck:

Last edited:
Hi, I am somewhat new to raising ducks. I had a few growing up but they were given to us all ready full grown. I recently got two Rouen ducklings from Tractor supply and attempted to vent sex them but I don't think I did it right or they are both girls ha. I'm very anxious to know the sex but I have only had them for almost a month (I'm not sure how old they are already when tractor supply gets them, a day old like the chicks?) I know when they get older the beak color is a good determination and as of right now there is only a very slight beak difference which doesn't say much. One is a lot more vocal then the other and making new noises as opposed to the usual baby chatter. Also only one of them has a white spot towards the lower half of the body on each side. Does the white spots mean anything? Or is it just way to early to tell. Thank you for all the help!

Beak colors:

White spots on the one duck:
welcome-byc.gif
I know nothing about Rouen breed other than they are nice looking ducks but I'm thinking you may get some answers on this thread.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/777392/rouen-duck-thread

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom