Rouen female blew up like a balloon

weebles&wobblesmom

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 24, 2011
I have a 2 yr old Rouen female and she all of the sudden she swelled up like someone stuck an air hose in her and filled her up with air. She's still eating and drinking and acting fine.

Any ideas?

She is 2 yrs old and I have 5 Pekins so I dont know when she actually laid an egg. From what I can tell, it's fluid under her skin. She doesnt hold still long enough for me to give her a "good" check over. She's eating, drinking and acting normal.

I would get her to a vet if at all possible. She may have an infection. Quackers recently had one, and responded well to antibiotics.

But this could be serious.

She also could have parasites, or a fungal infection. Sounds from your original post that this was rapid. So I don't think she is overweight.

A more benign possibility is that she ate something that produced a lot of gas in her tummy. Probiotics might help if it's an intestinal flora imbalance.

Last edited:
I would get her to a vet if at all possible. She may have an infection. Quackers recently had one, and responded well to antibiotics.

But this could be serious.

She also could have parasites, or a fungal infection. Sounds from your original post that this was rapid. So I don't think she is overweight.

A more benign possibility is that she ate something that produced a lot of gas in her tummy. Probiotics might help if it's an intestinal flora imbalance.
I agree with Amiga .

Back
Top Bottom