Rouen not a drake surprise

Flyinbolts

Songster
Aug 20, 2019
West Michigan
I just had several people assess my rouen and I'm being told definitely not a drake. Has anyone else had a girl with this plumage? She's so pretty!

Attachments

• 20190820_173218.jpg
    20190820_173218.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 15
I just had several people assess my rouen and I'm being told definitely not a drake. Has anyone else had a girl with this plumage? She's so pretty!

She’s stunning! Where are you located? I’ve never seen a Rouen like that around here (NE United States), but I know that Rouens from Australia, for example, look very different from those near me. If she’s not from some special regional strain, is it possible that she’s mixed with something? Her face has a more delicate look that reminds me of a Mallard or a similarly petite breed.

She’s stunning! Where are you located? I’ve never seen a Rouen like that around here (NE United States), but I know that Rouens from Australia, for example, look very different from those near me. If she’s not from some special regional strain, is it possible that she’s mixed with something? Her face has a more delicate look that reminds me of a Mallard or a similarly petite breed.
Michigan.

I did some checking up - she's definitely at least part Mallard. It explains her aversion to people (the rest of the flock is OK with me holding them - but she hates it)
Any way you slice it - really cool! And takes some of the pressure off since it's 2 boys to 6 girls instead of 3 to 5.

Back
Top Bottom