Rouen not a drake surprise

Flyinbolts

Songster
Aug 20, 2019
West Michigan
I just had several people assess my rouen and I'm being told definitely not a drake. Has anyone else had a girl with this plumage? She's so pretty!

Attachments

• 20190820_173218.jpg
    20190820_173218.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 15
She’s stunning! Where are you located? I’ve never seen a Rouen like that around here (NE United States), but I know that Rouens from Australia, for example, look very different from those near me. If she’s not from some special regional strain, is it possible that she’s mixed with something? Her face has a more delicate look that reminds me of a Mallard or a similarly petite breed.
Michigan.

I did some checking up - she's definitely at least part Mallard. It explains her aversion to people (the rest of the flock is OK with me holding them - but she hates it)
Any way you slice it - really cool! And takes some of the pressure off since it's 2 boys to 6 girls instead of 3 to 5.

I just had several people assess my rouen and I'm being told definitely not a drake. Has anyone else had a girl with this plumage? She's so pretty!

She’s stunning! Where are you located? I’ve never seen a Rouen like that around here (NE United States), but I know that Rouens from Australia, for example, look very different from those near me. If she’s not from some special regional strain, is it possible that she’s mixed with something? Her face has a more delicate look that reminds me of a Mallard or a similarly petite breed.

Hi ,I'm in south west Michigan Paw Paw, I've been posting because my rouens just started laying eggs. I was wondering if you'd tell me what kind of camera or whatever you have set up in your duck house? It looks like the pictures from a video feed. Or if you don't want to say that's no problem. In this day and age and possibly for good reason somebody may not want to divulge info like that. I have thought of putting some sort of camera in my duck house but don't know what to get. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom