Rough Rooster or Pecking?

sonnenmn

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2023
This is the first time we've had a rooster with our hens. Is this due to a rough rooster or is there pecking going on between the ladies? There are two more like this but the others are fine.

Attachments

• IMG_9568.jpeg
    IMG_9568.jpeg
    557.9 KB · Views: 23
This is the first time we've had a rooster with our hens. Is this due to a rough rooster or is there pecking going on between the ladies? There are two more like this but the others are fine.
Pictures?
Did you mean to add pictures because It might just be me but I don't see any. Maybe try adding them again?
Yeah, I don't see them either. It's not just you.

I can see the picture now!
The place the feathers are missing indicates that it was your rooster. Sometimes new roosters just get a little too rough with the hens. With time though they mellow out. If your hen's back start to worse though I would recommend isolation the rooster and/or purchasing hen saddles for your hens. You can find them on amazon or at pet stores.

I can see the picture now!
The place the feathers are missing indicates that it was your rooster. Sometimes new roosters just get a little too rough with the hens. With time though they mellow out. If your hen's back start to worse though I would recommend isolation the rooster and/or purchasing hen saddles for your hens. You can find them on amazon or at pet stores.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom