Round 1 - 4 wk Maran Girl / Boy ?

Here are some eggs, from the lady that I get the eggs from. These are from her wheatons. They are similar in color, but I think the BCM's and Blues eggs are a little bit darker
big_smile.png

21433_wheaten-egg-will1.jpg

Heres a quick picture I just took so you could see the color on his comb. Sorry about the quality of the pic, I cant take them out of the cage cause its freezing
hmm.png

21433_dsci0646.jpg

I am going to be soooooooooo happy with my girls.
celebrate.gif

I love their personality and their eggs - your picture says it all.

I started this chicken expedition having narrowed my possible breeds down to 7. Of the four I have, I love the laid backness of the Wyandottes and the Marans. These are great birds.
I am looking to try out three more breeds, but it is going to be hard to beat the personalities of the Wyandottes and Marans. I am so surprised that more people aren't into them. I am shocked that there weren't any Marans on display at the Lake City show!

How are the baby Maran roos? Are they laid back too?

How are you liking the Marans compared to your other breeds? Are you noticing any differences in the personalities?

I'm glad I could sex them correctly
big_smile.png

The marans are all laid back until they see food lmbo!
My little serama chick and 2 little banams are in with the splash marans and they are soooooo gentle.
I like the marans and finally I have sold them all.
I have 24 maran eggs in my bator right now though
wink.png

Don't TEASE.
That is so wrong!

Do you have any idea how very lucky and blessed you are?

Send me pics and let me know what you get this time.
Are they the same parents?

Were the splashes Marans too? If so, post a picture whenever you get a chance
smile.png

Haha as soon as I open up the cage, they all run out and I dump the food in the feeder and they all run back in the cage, its hilarious
lol.png

Yes, the marans have the same parents. The colors are not mixed though. They are pure colored marans.

Yes, the 2 splashes are marans and are getting huge! lol

I am hoping to get a picture of them today
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom