wee.gif
pop.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I put 2 eggs under my broody, and now I have 2 chicks.
smile.png

AWESOME!!!!!!!​

celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
hopefully my girl will follow suit with everyone else, she's going into the broody moma apartment tonight i caught another hen laying in her nest and i don't want a repeat of last time i lost 9 out of 10 because the others kept running Shiver off the nest so they could lay and when she stayed off that's when Smores took over and growled at anyone who tried to lay in her nest and its not like i don't have plenty of nest for them they all just like to lay in the same one. It's so funny to see my hens lined up around the nest box waiting for their turn

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 :

Quote:
AWESOME!!!!!!!

Thanks the emoticons were for you.
smile.png

well a sad sad end to the broody round 2.... I came home today to only 4 eggs left ( there was 7) the others were crushed or had exploded. They were bad. Being that I did not candle them I knew it may have happened.

I took the remaining 4 out and cracked them open. Half formed dead rotted chicks.

I think mom # 1 just may have spent too much time off the nest and they may have gotten cold and died. She spent quite a bit fo time wandering.

So I decided I would go ahead clean out the nest ( my god did it stink) and give momma hen #2 3 eggs to try again....

SO I guess now I am on round 3 with a broody.

I figured since she still wanted to sit I might as well let her :)

Back
Top Bottom