Round 2

PluckyJen

Songster
7 Years
Jun 22, 2016
South Africa
Hi all. So my roo is going back to his home of origin tomorrow. To a whole new coop of chicks for him. He was really rough with my girl Hariett today so I drew the line. The guy he's going back to sent me some pics of others he has and said I'm welcome to take one of those as company for my girl. I only want a hen as it's just Harriet and her in our backyard. I'll attach the pics. 2 are clear, others not so much. Thoughts on what they are? I can clearly see one is a roo from the neck feathers. Other maybe a pullet. Other lot of ones, I'll probably have to get closer to.

Attachments

• IMG-20210428-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20210428-WA0020.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20210428-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20210428-WA0019.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20210428-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20210428-WA0018.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 13
The pic on the left looks like a pullet, the one on the far right looks like a cockerel. In the group photo it looks like all the colored birds are cockerels. Some of the white ones look like pullets. Look for a bird with a small, pale comb and small or non-existent wattles.
Great advice thank you!!
Its exhausting all this are you aren't you business 😂😂

Got this little one today when I dropped the roo off. He showed me the vent way of sexing and wing way. I'm hopeful this is the right one now 😂
Little Nutmeg. A Mish mash of different breeds but she's cute so it's ok.
IMG_20210429_152005.jpg
IMG_20210429_151932.jpg

Got this little one today when I dropped the roo off. He showed me the vent way of sexing and wing way. I'm hopeful this is the right one now 😂
Little Nutmeg. A Mish mash of different breeds but she's cute so it's ok.
View attachment 2641139View attachment 2641140
I hope you got a pullet, but that comb looks suspiciously large for so small and young a bird. Vent sexing only works on day olds, as far as I know, and wing sexing is not something I would rely on either, at that age. But really hoping for a pullet for you.

I hope you got a pullet, but that comb looks suspiciously large for so small and young a bird. Vent sexing only works on day olds, as far as I know, and wing sexing is not something I would rely on either, at that age. But really hoping for a pullet for you.
x2 the first picture of your new "pullet" looks like a pullet, but the second picture is suspicious because her comb is so red. I guess we will just have to see!

Back
Top Bottom