round up and birth defects, tell me something I didn't already know

" The second most popular GM trait is a built in pesticide. A gene from the soil bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis, or Bt, is inserted into corn and cotton DNA, where it produces pesticidal toxins in every cell.

About 68% of the crops are engineered to resist an herbicide, about 19% produce their own pesticide, and 13% do both.

The zucchini, squash, and papaya, which together comprise less than 1% of the GM market, are engineered from modified viral genes designed to resist infection from a single type of plant virus."

-

You'll have to find better proof than a mere quote from an obviously biased source.

You said the plants "make Roundup"

BT is a naturally occurring bacteria only toxic to worms and caterpillers

Just because it's called a "pesticide" doesn't mean it's toxic or harmful to humans
Repeating what you read isn't the same as understanding, and a guy trying to SELL a book isn't always a reliable source​

Quote:
yup, really about the mosquitos, Google it
smile.png

Canola and Rapeseed are only different in the acid content, Canola is lower

The video in this link is interesting, Farmers talking about GMO's
http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2011/06/26/farmer-to-farmer-the-truth-about-gm-crops-video/

Quote:
Before you get all High and Mighty in your rant against Bacillus Thurigensus you should realize that it is used in great quantities by ORGANIC crop producers as a pesticide.

You also should consider the alternative: returning to the days of Organophospates applied to corn ground. The advent of BT corn has helped reduce the amount of chemical pesticides used on American farms, which is good for the environment and removes a huge health risk for the farmer.

Jim

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

Quote:
Before you get all High and Mighty in your rant against Bacillus Thurigensus you should realize that it is used in great quantities by ORGANIC crop producers as a pesticide.

You also should consider the alternative: returning to the days of Organophospates applied to corn ground. The advent of BT corn has helped reduce the amount of chemical pesticides used on American farms, which is good for the environment and removes a huge health risk for the farmer.

Jim

Bacillus thuringiensis is a great thing in itself to use. But not when injected into something else's DNA. Farmer's using Bt corn are not using less RoundUp sprayed onto plants they are using more, because the corn plants have a limit if they are not GM, of what they can take. Therefore the farmers have been spraying more liberally. That it helps in the way that you are saying is a common myth. If you don't believe it, you can go conduct your own tests.
Monsanto has gotten involved with many countries trying to "save" them with their great crops and when their own people and governments saw what was going on and also had it further researched, they have been getting a bad rep and getting kicked out those countries. Monsanto is making farmers everywhere broke. If you really dug deeper into the subject you would understand.​

Quote:
-

You'll have to find better proof than a mere quote from an obviously biased source.

You said the plants "make Roundup"

BT is a naturally occurring bacteria only toxic to worms and caterpillers

Just because it's called a "pesticide" doesn't mean it's toxic or harmful to humans
Repeating what you read isn't the same as understanding, and a guy trying to SELL a book isn't always a reliable source

You are exactly right. That isn't the reason. Check out this short clip, it explains one reason why Bt corn isn't a good pest control.
And not all plants make Roundup. The biggest Round up crop right now in America are soybeans at 89% of all soybeans being GM.

Quote:
I'm sorry but if YOU dug a little deeper you would realize that what you just wrote makes no sense. Bt and Glyphosate resistance are separate issues.

You should read my posts where I clearly state that because of the Bt gene insertion farmers, ME included, are using LESS organophosphates to control insect pests in their fields.

The use of Glyphosate may be increasing, but at the expense of other typically more harmful chemicals.

Jim

Quote:
You all keep shooting yourselves in the foot!

I can say with absolute certainty that absolutely NO plants make round up.

The glyphosate resistance in plants is due to a duplication of the enzyme that is inhibited by glyphosate in the plant.

Jim

Last edited:
Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay :

Quote:
You all keep shooting yourselves in the foot!

I can say with absolute certainty that absolutely NO plants make round up.

The glyphosate resistance in plants is due to a duplication of the enzyme that is inhibited by glyphosate in the plant.

Jim

Ok I'm not sure I understand what you are meaning when you say that, then this: "by glyphosate in the plant." Could you explain​

Back
Top Bottom