round up!

Welcome! Your birds can free range ON YOUR PROPERTY, but shouldn't be at the neighbor's regardless of the toxic chemical issues. I agree completely with the poultry netting recommendation, and you need a predator proof coop and run anyway. That recent report about issues with Roundup didn't make me happy, either. Mary

I just went through my annual pesticide training. We are requried to wear rubber boots, rubber gloves, long sleeves etc when spraying roundup. There is a lethal dose for humans (though it is a rather large amount and couldn't be accidentally ingested,,,but still).

When I spray it for hours on end I start becoming a little naseaus.

I wouldn't want my chickens (or any living thing) foraging through freshly sprayed round-up or one of its' copies.

Lets face facts. There are many dangerous chemicals. On a historic basis one of the most deadly is Di-Hydrogen Monoxide. Ever since the chemical companies started mixing Di-Hydrogen Monoxide with pesticides and Atomic energy companies began using it, our Rivers, Lakes, and Streams have be come loaded with this universal solvent. Now it's even showing up in the oceans.

Besides Di-Hydrogen Monoxide the elements Silver, Iron, Iodine, Copper, and others are making it into vitamin and mineral supplements. The toxicity of Copper and Silver have long been understood. That is why you find Copper and Silver plated door knobs and sink faucets in hospitals. The toxicity of any material is dependent on the dosage. Even drinking too much water will kill you as your electrolyte balance will become so low that your electronic brain waves will become unable to keep your heart beating.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/16614865/ns/us_news-life/t/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest/

Last edited:
Lets face facts. There are many dangerous chemicals. On a historic basis one of the most deadly is Di-Hydrogen Monoxide. Ever since the chemical companies started mixing Di-Hydrogen Monoxide with pesticides and Atomic energy companies began using it, our Rivers, Lakes, and Streams have be come loaded with this universal solvent. Now it's even showing up in the oceans.

Besides Di-Hydrogen Monoxide the elements Silver, Iron, Iodine, Copper, and others are making it into vitamin and mineral supplements. The toxicity of Copper and Silver have long been understood. That is why you find Copper and Silver plated door knobs and sink faucets in hospitals. The toxicity of any material is dependent on the dosage. Even drinking too much water will kill you as your electrolyte balance will become so low that your electronic brain waves will become unable to keep your heart beating.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/16614865/ns/us_news-life/t/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest/

You are correct, there are many dangerous chemicals, and quantity counts. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an overabundance of information on what amounts of Roundup and other herbicides and pesticides are safe, or if they even truly are. The verdict seems to be constantly changing, I err on the side of caution, and if possible avoid using and consuming such products. Some people could care less and that is their choice. I also filter my Dihydrogen Monoxide and only consume it in moderation
tongue.png

You are correct, there are many dangerous chemicals, and quantity counts. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an overabundance of information on what amounts of Roundup and other herbicides and pesticides are safe, or if they even truly are. The verdict seems to be constantly changing, I err on the side of caution, and if possible avoid using and consuming such products. Some people could care less and that is their choice. I also filter my Dihydrogen Monoxide and only consume it in moderation
tongue.png

There is more information on the danger levels of RoundUp lets say, than there is on the danger level involved in eating Organic lettuce.
But danger lurks everywhere.
Not saying that there is danger in eating lettuce but I do feel better now knowing that you only consume filtered Dihydrogen Monoxide. However there are hundreds if not thousands of cases where healthy people became sick and died because of eating lettuce, especially Organic lettuce. Why? Simply because ignorant people believe that there is no danger from Organic food so when making a BLT they fail to wash most of the manure off of their Organic lettuce and tomatoes, there buy exceeding the lethal dose of e-coli bacteria. Now if we could only get everyone to deepfry their Organic tomatoes and lettuce in vast vats of vaporizing bacon grease.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Well CHICKENGEORGETO, I can tell you have a lot of knowledge. So I wanted your opinion on the following.

Do you suppose that this Pigmy rattler took a swim in a vat of ROUNDUP. and that is what did him in. I don't see a smoking gun, and the GROW ITSELF TO DEATH sure fits .

Bound if I know, the news blurb said that this particular no-shoulders stuck its nose somewhere that it wasn't wanted. Specifically into the hunting blind where the young man pictured, and his hunting buddy were waiting on a herd of wild hogs to make their appearance. I am glad that you reposted this picture because it just shows that there are things in this old world more poisonous than RoundUp and Organic lettuce combined.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom