Round Worms in Hens

Jedwards93

In the Brooder
May 17, 2018
Tennessee
So my 4 ladies have round Worms. I have looked all over the place for ways to get rid of them fast. I have seen so many answers. I got some Safe guard goat dewormer liquid but still can't find if this is ok to use and dosage..egg withdraw all that. Anyone got tips? I already bout this kind so I hope I can use it.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190622_101706.jpg
    MVIMG_20190622_101706.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 5
Yes that is fine to use. Dose is .23 ml per pound of weight. For just roundworms you can dose once and then again in 10 days. For capillary or gape worm you dose 5 days in a row. It is dosed directly to each bird orally, using an oral syringe (no needle) measure your dose and give .5 ml at a time and let them swallow. Pull down on wattles and put in the front of the beak. Egg withdrawl is 14 days following dose, so for 2 doses 10 days apart that is 24 days. Roundworms are really easily picked up and reinfection is common, so depending on your environmental worm load, you may have to worm regularly to keep them under control.

SafeGuard is a very popular wormer in chickens. Dosage is 1/4 ml per pound given orally for 5 straight days. Roundworms are the most common worms in poultry, but there can be others that may not be seen without a microscope. Fortunately, giving it at that dosage gets most all types of chicken worms.

Valbazen is also a good one to use. It is available online, and in a few stores. Dosage is 0.08 ml per pound or about half a ml once and repeated in 10-14 days to get most worms.

Each of those usually requires an egg withdrawal time of 14 days after the last dose. Some ignore that, and eat the eggs, but best not to sell eggs during that period.

Back
Top Bottom