Roundworm in my chickens. Should I treat!?

It's best to toss eggs in the garbage after worming for at least 14 days after the last dosing. Of course Flubenvet and Rooster Booster wormers are exceptions.
The same is true for antibiotic withdrawal periods. The residue helps build resistance in bacteria, making the antibiotic ineffective when used again and requiring a different or more potent antibiotic to be used. I'm sure you've heard about bacterial resistance in humans from the media. The same is true for wormers. Additionally, no matter how slight the residue is, there's the possiblity that an individual may have an adverse reaction if he or she is sensitive to the product. Also, this is why wormers should be rotated.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am giving the girls Panacur for cecal Heterakis worms.

Is the withdrawl two weeks also with Panacur ????

I am hoping we can eat them or at least the dogs can ?

It's best to toss eggs in the garbage after worming for at least 14 days after the last dosing. Of course Flubenvet and Rooster Booster wormers are exceptions.
The same is true for antibiotic withdrawal periods. The residue helps build resistance in bacteria, making the antibiotic ineffective when used again and requiring a different or more potent antibiotic to be used. I'm sure you've heard about bacterial resistance in humans from the media. The same is true for wormers. Additionally, no matter how slight the residue is, there's the possiblity that an individual may have an adverse reaction if he or she is sensitive to the product. Also, this is why wormers should be rotated.

Hi,
Forgot to put the question in the right spot.

What about Panacur for withdrawl.??

Hi,
I am giving the girls Panacur for cecal Heterakis worms.

Is the withdrawl two weeks also with Panacur ????

I am hoping we can eat them or at least the dogs can ?

Yes, normally 2 weeks withdrawal after the last dosing. For the same reasons in post #11, I dont recommend giving the eggs to dogs since panacur can be used in dogs.

Back
Top Bottom