Roundworms! Topical Dewormer Options?

So the Safeguard for goats works for chickens? Is that the formula you recommend?
Yes.
You can use Safeguard liquid goat dewormer or Safeguard Equine paste.
Dose is the same for either one of them:

0.23ml per pound of weight give orally once a day for 5 day in a row to treat most all worms chickens can have except for Tapeworms.

Yes.

0.23ml per pound of weight give orally once a day for 5 day in a row to treat most all worms chickens can have except for Tapeworms.
Thank you for the information...I have ordered the Safeguard liquid. Wish me luck as I have nine 12 week old girls who are going to be very unhappy with me - plus a nasty rooster and seven older girls.

Thank you for the information...I have ordered the Safeguard liquid. Wish me luck as I have nine 12 week old girls who are going to be very unhappy with me - plus a nasty rooster and seven older girls.
Your chicks have worms or just the adults?
If you go out early while the birds are still roosting, giving meds will be a little easier. Preload your syringes, wear a headlamp with a red light if possible. Take a bird of the roost, dose them, set them on the floor, move to the next.
Here's how to give oral meds.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Yes.

Just want to confirm the dose? I have a 6 lb hen so she should have 1.4 mL of the Safeguard dewormer for goats suspension 10%?

Just want to confirm the dose? I have a 6 lb hen so she should have 1.4 mL of the Safeguard dewormer for goats suspension 10%?
That is correct. If you are not sure what parasite you are treating for then give that dose once a day for 5 days in a row. If you were treating roundworm only, you would give that dose once and then again in 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom