Routine for worming chickens naturally

Ok thank you!! And do you need to do this test for each bird? So if I have a 4 bird flock I would need 4 tests? But not sure how to tell what poop I collect is from which bird. Or just one test for the entire flock? Thank you!

Too be honest I only test if someone is acting sick. I know folks from some areas just are more likely to get worms so yearly testing is a good idea. Usually, if one in your flock has it they all do. Most just scrape a big helping from their roost boards in their coop. Also, if you are looking for a natural preventative.

https://fiascofarm.com/herbs/mollysherbals.php/categories/herbal-wormer

Molly's herbal dewormer is amazing. My friend had worms in her flock and used the formula #1, fecal testing proved she got rid of them, it did take her two rounds though. I use them as a preventative, everyone is healthy and have had no issues. But who knows, I can just tell you that it has worked for me and the people I know. At the end of the day if you see a worm in some poo you should get a fecal test done and treat with your vets recommendation because if you see worms in the poo that means the worm overload has overwhelmed the chicken. It is always nice to be as natural as you can be, but just know the limit.

Also I do add ACV to my water, my chickens LOVE the taste and they will sit their drinking deep whenever I add it. Also it helps keep the water algae free. Unsure if it helps with worms but it certainly helps with good probiotic growth in the chicken.

If you are doing a general fecal, to test the flock, then take a small sample from several droppings, a bit from each bird if you can ID which are which. If you are testing a sick bird, then I would just do that one. Generally, if one bird has them then the whole flock gets wormed.

Back
Top Bottom