Royal Palms

GeeseMama

Songster
Jun 6, 2018
So, looks like I am coming into some Royal Palm Poults. Anything that I need to know that is special to this breed. My family raised Turkeys when I was a girl but not Royal Palm

Last edited:
So, looks like I am coming into some Royal Palm Meets. Anything that I need to know that is special to this breed. My family raised Turkeys when I was a girl but not Royal Palm
I have no idea what meets are. I see people often accidentally hit the m instead of the k when talking about guinea keets. Newly hatched and young turkeys are referred to as poults.

You can learn some about the variety Royal Palm at Porter's Rare Heritage Turkeys.

Royal Palms are one of the smaller varieties and fly very well.

Wow. Ok well thanks I guess. I fixed the meets and yes I know they are poults but I raise Guineas and am used to saying keets and was in a super hurry. So sorry I guess about the typo but I am on and off. I don't spend an extended amount of time on here.

They love to roost. Mine would fly 20+ feet up to roost in my barn rafters. Mine also were able to raise a group of babies by themselves pretty well even though they had been artificially raised.

But for some reason my male's always had a problem with men. Just hated them. Fine with women but it seemed if you had a Y chromosome, they knew and didn't like you

They love to roost. Mine would fly 20+ feet up to roost in my barn rafters. Mine also were able to raise a group of babies by themselves pretty well even though they had been artificially raised.

But for some reason my male's always had a problem with men. Just hated them. Fine with women but it seemed if you had a Y chromosome, they knew and didn't like you
The way your males behaved has more to do with you imprinting them than it has to do with anything else and is not a trait that is specific to Royal Palms.

The way your males behaved has more to do with you imprinting them than it has to do with anything else and is not a trait that is specific to Royal Palms.

No, I put that the wrong way. I know it's not a breed trait. Of course I'm not sure why they imprinted that way since we have guys at the barn all the time that are respectful to the birds

No, I put that the wrong way. I know it's not a breed trait. Of course I'm not sure why they imprinted that way since we have guys at the barn all the time that are respectful to the birds
It is a breed trait (Turkey is the breed) due to imprinting. Turkeys are super easy to imprint. It is not a variety (Royal Palm is a variety of the breed Turkey) specific trait.

Oh my husband will love that considering he is already well hated by our male Muscovy duck, Boris, and is constantly tormented.

Back
Top Bottom