RSL...could an egg be stuck?

My one year old RSL has been standing like this for a few hours now. It looks sometimes like she is trying to squeeze something out? Its subtle in this video I took but you can kind of see what I mean. During this time she has not been eating or drinking. Could an egg be stuck? Could something be stuck? Any suggestions on course of action? Thank you!

She just laid this weird egg but is still standing and acting strangely. Here is a photo of the egg. Could there be another egg in there still? Its dark now and she is still just standing and staring with her butt up.

Attachments

• 20210719_202444.jpg
    20210719_202444.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210719_202449.jpg
    20210719_202449.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 1
Looks like she was trying to get the egg out.
I doubt she has an egg stuck if she just got one out.
Did she go in the coop with the rest of the hens?
I soaked her in warm water then dried her off and put her on the roost in the coop with the others. Half an hour later I went to check and she had laid a shell less egg from the roost. So within the course of an hour and a half she laid a white banded egg and a shell less egg :( she is on roost still but still does not look comfortable

This link has a lot of good pictures of egg shell problems, and look at number 1:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/common-egg-quality-problems.65923/
She may be suffering from stress or other problems. Have you noticed any sneezing from her or other hens? Hopefully, this was a one time thing, but keep an eye on her. Do you give crushed oyster shell in addition to giving layer feed?

This link has a lot of good pictures of egg shell problems, and look at number 1:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/common-egg-quality-problems.65923/
She may be suffering from stress or other problems. Have you noticed any sneezing from her or other hens? Hopefully, this was a one time thing, but keep an eye on her. Do you give crushed oyster shell in addition to giving layer feed?
Even after laying the white banded egg and the shell less egg last night, she is in bad shape :( I went out to the coop just now to check on her (330 AM) and she had jumped off the roost. She is awkwardly sitting on the floor of the coop with her butt still in the air. She looks so uncomfortable. I don't know what to do. Had this happened in the daytime I could have taken her to a vet but its middle of the night.

Back
Top Bottom