Rubber Boots or Disposable water proof shoes?

@aatx great idea. I just went to their site and now I am wondering why peeps would wear those hideous clodhoppers when they have some nice shoes available that I have never seen. Wow. Must not advertise much huh?

I hate the stigma attached to Crocs. Now, granted, I do own a pair of their flip flops in hot pink/lime green that were marked down, but all the rest of my Crocs have been cute and tasteful - flats, sandals, wedges, etc. I have a cork mini-wedge pair that I wear as often as I can now. (Called the A-Leigh Mini Wedge Leather). I think the clogs grew in popularity because that is what style they got popular with first and what everyone replicated. I do find some of the nicer styles to be a bit expensive, but I just wait for a good coupon.

I am wondering if anyone keeps their boots inside (the actual storage part) of the coop? We don't have anywhere covered outside to keep them and I certainly don't want coop boots inside since my entryway door is in my kitchen.
sickbyc.gif

I was thinking of hanging them upside down inside the doorway of the coop by the feed and supplies, but don't want spiders making homes in them either. Thoughts?
Maybe this will help. Buy (or recycle) a pair of panti-hose. Pin or stitch the waistband closed. Flip them over and cut off the leg parts at about mid-thigh level. Tuck your coop shoes inside the "bottom" part of the hose and loosely tie the leg sections together, or just use plastic ring (like a garden hose washer) and slide that down to close the legs together. Hang 'em by the legs to a hook or large nail. When the shoes are inside the dense weave of the hose keeps critters out, and if you use the washer to close off the leg portion it's fast and easy to open them up to get the shoes out.

Last edited:
Maybe this will help. Buy (or recycle) a pair of panti-hose. Pin or stitch the waistband closed. Flip them over and cut off the leg parts at about mid-thigh level. Tuck your coop shoes inside the "bottom" part of the hose and loosely tie the leg sections together, or just use plastic ring (like a garden hose washer) and slide that down to close the legs together. Hang 'em by the legs to a hook or large nail. When the shoes are inside the dense weave of the hose keeps critters out, and if you use the washer to close off the leg portion it's fast and easy to open them up to get the shoes out.

Blooie, has anyone ever told you that you are a GENIUS! That is a brilliant idea. Thank you. Problem solved.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom