Rubber Snake

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SteveBaz, Sep 1, 2011.

1. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    My 4 yr old grand baby has these rubber worm/snake 6" long florescent in color. She dropped one and the chicks went crazy grabbing it running and taking turns playing keep away. This was a [​IMG] for about 15 minutes. I could not get it away from them. Finally after cornering one I got it from her. I was 3/4 of the way down her throat. Question: Plastic/rubber doesn't sound very safe to swallow. What if it was swallowed? Can they pass this thing. They eat everything. WoW [​IMG] [​IMG]

Steve

2. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    hmmm I would think it definately wouldn't be good for them for sure. But I'm no expert. I bet it was funny while it lasted though. lol

3. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    By hubby was trying out his new fishing rod by tying a rubber worm (not rubber but a synthetic material that breaks down) and all the chickens and ducks kept chasing it.... Wasn't worried about them swallowing it, except for the line tied to it, but it is made to break down. A real rubber toy is probably a different story....

4. Jessiewoodard57

Jessiewoodard57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Bushnell, FL.
    We call that chicken football around our house good for lots of laughs [​IMG]

5. nifty50chick

nifty50chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    In our coop it's crickets!
    Hubby catches them and throws them in, it's a blast!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by