Rudd Ranger or Something Else

Dleighs711

Hatching
Mar 16, 2024
What are the chances of getting the wrong breed from Tractor Supply? I got four Rudd Rangers, ended up being two hens and two roosters. I am wonder about this roosters, he looks like pictures I have seen of Bielefelders. Our other roosters was a dark brown/red and our hens are a tan color with a little black on there wing tips and tails.
1000004274.jpg
1000004280.jpg

Fairly good, depending where they get their birds. Red rangers or anything that is more for meat purposes is typically straight run. He's very pretty, I wouldn't mind that switch. Is he nice?

I've heard about some folks getting the wrong chickens from TSC before, and it sounds like your other birds did end up being rudd rangers, so I'd say that a bielefelder somehow ended up in the bin. He's a very pretty big guy, I'd say you were lucky with that guy

Fairly good, depending where they get their birds. Red rangers or anything that is more for meat purposes is typically straight run. He's very pretty, I wouldn't mind that switch. Is he nice?
He is a good protector of the flock but he has attacked my husband and myself a few times. We have three children that he has not been aggressive towards but they also don't really go near him.

Back
Top Bottom