Ruddy Shelducks

Mark HSV-AL

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 5, 2011
Huntsville, AL
How many of you breeders out there have full-blooded Ruddy Shelducks?
Everything I have been seeing around here lately has been crossed up with Cape Shelducks, small amounts of gray feathers in the face and a lot more on top of the head. I know of two guys selling them like this and they dont seem to care because it is about the $$$'s and nothing else. There probably wont be any good ones left to buy within driving distance before long so I wouldnt mind finding some . The really nice ones I used to have were very orange and had beautiful creamy orange colored feathers on top of their heads with no gray feathers in sight. The faces on the females had varying amounts of white but nothing definitive.

Mark I have a good friend that raises them right by me that are definitely pure.Beautiful birds.They are very mellow if you can believe it.He has them in with all his other ducks even during breeding ! I can tell him to keep some for you or whatever.He has several breeder pairs. You can call or PM me if you want.

Hey do any of you guys know any one that has any spare woodie hens manddie hens or ringed teal hens i need one of each. Sorry i know its off topic

Back
Top Bottom