Rumpless Tufted Araucana chicks (Wanted)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Ytailhunter, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ytailhunter

Ytailhunter Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2008
    Massena NY
    Well I recently had a very Unproductive hatch:mad: = 1 Chick
    Anyway I am looking for rumpless tufted araucana chicks to go with the one I have 15 would be a good number, I would like a variety of color and only rumpless chicks as I am culling alomst all my tailed birds.if you can help e-mail me a price and description. (IE)rumpless clean faced,rumpless tufted, parent coloration etc..Willing to pay more for good stock.Send pics if poss.[​IMG]

2. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I sent you a PM...I'm in the middle of a hatch of tufted/rumpless chicks right now.

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Are you looking for large fowl or bantams?

Jody

4. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I have a pair of birds that so far have only produced rumpless chicks. Parents are both tufted but all I have available are young cockerels, they are tame. Nice boys, black, one is tufted, two others are smooth faces but rumpless. I'd like to see them go to a good home.

5. Jarhead

Jarhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Arkansas
    you might want to check here periodically: www.skyblueegg.com sometimes she has birds listed for sale.

6. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Ytailhunter,
    You can also check eggbid Skyblue just had 15 chicks for sale on there. You can also go to Araucana.net they sometime post birds for sale on there. Also member of the Araucana club have a membership list by the states. Your ad never says where you are located by state. There are several members that have birds usually on a regular basis. There are some members also advertise in the Poultry Press. Rumpless double tufted birds are the premium and cost more than clean faced rumpless usually. There are usually someone on BYC that sells hatching eggs also. Good luck, HS

7. pmitch10

pmitch10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    NH
    deleted

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  8. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

~ Hi ~ [​IMG]

We may have some started birds available soon..

keep an eye on the listings here or eggbid..

Charlie

9. Ytailhunter

Ytailhunter Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2008
    Massena NY
    Thank you to all who responded, I still have no chicks but at least there are places out there to look, I've never had just one chick hatch before Poor thing looks so lonely I feel so bad , and I feel responsible because I am trying to find chicks of the same breed instead of just getting a few for company and warmth (snuggling). If I have to I may just get a couple of barred rock chicks for her.

10. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Ha ha, I had a hatch last Monday, just one. Here it is:

[​IMG]

It is a black rumpless araucana, no tufts though it came from tufted parents. I am hoping it is a pullet. I keep it in a box on top of my lizard habitat in the living room so it isn't so lonely.

I have 50 sex link chicks coming in a week so it won't be lonely very long. Also am putting a dozen araucana eggs in the bator today too. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by