Rumpless, Tufted, Muffs and a Beard! My Araucana/Ameraucana/ EE cross

smoothmule

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Buffalo, Missouri
Thought I'd share a couple pics of Curlie. She free ranges with my Maran hens and has been exposed to a couple of true Araucana roosters as well as my standard cochin rooster but I've only seen the Araucana's breed her. She's weird but cool.

Does anyone have a rooster like her? or hens? I put her on my website to sell but she can free range here if she doesn't sell, I've just been eating her eggs and they are a really nice Blue color.

Here is Curlie Just LOOK at those tufts! They're better than my true Araucana's are!

8809_curlie12may2011_01.jpg

8809_curlie12may2011_02.jpg

I wish I lived closer Cathy. I have a rumpless crested muffed breeding program I want to add tufts to.

Lanae

Humm, I think I remember that now. I guess I could get a crested rooster of some sort and send you hatching eggs to trade for Araucana hatching eggs or a youngster. What crested breed are you using? I put her in with my white pen to take photo's but I'm moving her into the juvenile Araucana pen for a while. I've not tried hatching her eggs and I think she's been hiding them so I'll keep her penned up a while. I can always let her in with one of the Araucana roosters to be bred then put her back in the pen to lay her egg. I just don't want to mix hers in with the Araucana's. Her eggs are so blue too. She's got a quirky lil personality. She really ought to be making some quirky chicks.

I think there was a thread here somewhere about how you can't get tufts with muffs and a beard..... I'm not saying anything to Curlie about that though, it would hurt her feelings.
tongue.png

I'll try to find it again. Maybe I should post her pics there too.

How fascinatingly beautiful!

I have not crossed anything with my Araucanas except for my rumpless Cuckoo Marans hen for rumpless Olive Eggers. Beautiful to me but most others local to me do not care for Araucanas so I haven't mixed in anything else.
And this year so far I have not hatched the first chick but right now all my Araucanas and the Cuckoo are all broody.

Really neat. Thanks for showing us the photo of an amazing lady!

I have a rumpless muffed hen that was a result of my ameraucana over a rumpless clean face araucana(before the coyote got her
hit.gif
) . Yours is adorable
love.gif

Thanks everyone, she's cute but in an odd way and even her personality is funny. She stopped laying when I moved all my Araucana's around and set up breeding pens but they're back to laying and I think I might have to put her in a pen to get eggs. She's been laying out in a box where my Maran hens lay but I'm not sure if she's actually stopped laying or hiding them. I put her in with my white Araucana pen for now so I can figure out if she's laying or not. Her eggs are different than the 2 hens in there so I may leave her with them a while. A white like her would be pretty cute.

I don't have any others like her. I had sold my EE's and Ameraucana hens so I wouldn't mix those eggs up with my Araucana eggs and she was a chick then, last year, and I couldn't bring myself to get rid of her. I Love those curls!

I'll post here if she starts laying or I figure out where she hid them....somewhere on 40 acres though,
tongue.png

What fun! I love the really crazy EEs. I have one booted black EE with beard and muff and I have two new rumpless EEs, one black and one gold duckwing. It would be cool to get all of the extra feathers and fluff on one rumpless bird, crest, tufts, beard, muffs, and boots! It would look like a tumbleweed! (Especially if you frizzled it. OMG. Can you even imagine!)

Back
Top Bottom