Run-away chicken returned as "wild turkey"

Sorry for not updating. About the time she should have hatched (assuming ahe had any developed eggs) i started having coon problems. My husband trapped and shot a moderate sized probably female right next to our coop and then 2 days later i started smellong decomp in a large open storage building. I assumed it was her baby coons but about a month later i was getting some things out of storage and found my poor "wild turkey" hen. I saw no signs of nesting and there were feathers leading into where she was. I think she was fleeing a coon and had gotten hurt and died of her injuries.

In happier news. I have a broody hen on her 2nd nest of "boring backyard mix" eggs. And my second inubator full of similar eggs and duck eggs.

Sorry for not updating. About the time she should have hatched (assuming ahe had any developed eggs) i started having coon problems. My husband trapped and shot a moderate sized probably female right next to our coop and then 2 days later i started smellong decomp in a large open storage building. I assumed it was her baby coons but about a month later i was getting some things out of storage and found my poor "wild turkey" hen. I saw no signs of nesting and there were feathers leading into where she was. I think she was fleeing a coon and had gotten hurt and died of her injuries.

In happier news. I have a broody hen on her 2nd nest of "boring backyard mix" eggs. And my second inubator full of similar eggs and duck eggs.
Thank you for updating I was on pins and needles
Sorry for the lost of your hen :hugs

Back
Top Bottom