Run Building suggestions!!!!

Oct 13, 2019
Longmont, CO
4E4AEA27-AB2F-4FD0-AB33-6582E4018FDB.jpeg
Show me your dream run! Why do you love it? Maybe the run you have isn’t really your dream run...show me that too! Tell me what you’d do differently. I’d love to learn from all of your successes and failures. My husband and dad are going to build me a run for Christmas. Someone is building me a coop and it gets here Sunday. Here is a drawing of my space. The run can be in that whole yellow area. I haven’t measured it yet but it’s a pretty good sized area. I’m guessing it’ll be like 10’x16’. The run will of course be covered in 1/2” hardware cloth everywhere, and I’ll probably go the hardware cloth apron route. Haven’t decided on roofing or what I want to do about that. I want at least part of the run covered so when it snows there is some clear ground.

Would love to hear from you all.

I hadn’t thought of that....really good idea. Seriously considering this.
I kind of did one for my secured run attached to the coop. My set up had one 10x10 on each side of the coop and a small run behind the coop connecting the two. If it's too sunny any part of the day they have some shade.
Wish i could take credit for the idea but I saw one built last yr and liked it.

I kind of did one for my secured run attached to the coop. My set up had one 10x10 on each side of the coop and a small run behind the coop connecting the two. If it's too sunny any part of the day they have some shade.
Wish i could take credit for the idea but I saw one built last yr and liked it.

Wow your set up sounds amazing. I’m checking them out online right now and they seem a lot easier to build than what I was originally thinking about.

Thanks! There's a pic or two on my profile.
What I'm going to work on is a feeding and water station outside the coop in the secured run.

Oh the arch you can put cloth on it for shade in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom