Run Construction

Aunt Tat

Songster
Dec 8, 2020
Portland, Oregon
We're almost ready to finish our plans for the "Wunderbug Coop & Run". Well, the coop is a large Over EZ coop and will be place up against the run so I have access to the man/woman door and the nest box.

The run will be 9' wide and 18' long. There will be a shed 3' away from it, so I wanted the run longer than the shed so I could access the man door and the chicks will be able to see beyond the shed.

The pop door is facing West. The right side of the sketch is facing south (where some of our rough weather comes from)
Question(s):

Which would be the strongest type of roof? Shed style or gabled?
If Gable, would the middle ridge be running the length or the width of the run?

If a shed roof, the lowest point would need to be 7' tall because my husband's 6'4"

On either roof style, what would the pitch be? (And PLEASE don't suggest E#!!!!

There will be hardware cloth following whichever roof profile we go with.

We know return control of your computer back to you.

Attachments

• Wunderbug Coop & Run Final.jpg
    Wunderbug Coop & Run Final.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 133
1/2" x 2' Hardware Cloth apron, 1/2x4' Hardware cloth on "walls" attached with Fender washers and Screws (would love to put some trim over them but want a metal roof, so gotta make choices)

There will also be hardware cloth around the legs including a 2' apron.

The rounded square with "brown stuff" is the dust bath - haven't quite figured out where that's going,
Diagonal Perches on the south corners and the brown square with for "legs" is a the pix below and I REALLY want one of these too....which would be recoated with poop.

Attachments

• Install-a-Roost.jpeg
    Install-a-Roost.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Little Bridges.jpg
    Little Bridges.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 91

Back
Top Bottom