Run & Coop along (a sequel to my other thread)

What about tools....like a drill or impact driver? Hammer and nails? While I recommend a good miter saw most young people would need adult help there... and with most power saws.

Are your folks even willing to discuss improvements?
My mom suggested adding onto the coop. i mean, that's better than nothing. so yeah, they will help, but my dad is constantly at work, and my mom.. she can't do anything..

If your mom is willing to physically help that is step one. Step two a budget. Step three is designing an easy way to expand/improve the coop within budget.

Big box stores like Home depot will make rip cuts for you. That takes a circular saw off the needs list. It also makes things easier to transport.

Even if mom can only help hold things in place while someone else runs screws it's amazing help.

It can be a fun rewarding team effort as long as everyone works together and has patience.

Remember that chickens don't need perfect they need protection from weather and predators. Chickens don't care if it's not square.

If your mom is willing to physically help that is step one. Step two a budget. Step three is designing an easy way to expand/improve the coop within budget.

Big box stores like Home depot will make rip cuts for you. That takes a circular saw off the needs list. It also makes things easier to transport.

Even if mom can only help hold things in place while someone else runs screws it's amazing help.

It can be a fun rewarding team effort as long as everyone works together and has patience.

Remember that chickens don't need perfect they need protection from weather and predators. Chickens don't care if it's not square.
i'm trying to think of what to fill the walls in with, that's not wood

What part of the world are you located in?

While pallets can often be found for free they can be a pain to work with even for folks with lots of tools.

Wood is still probably less expensive than making a cinder block expansion.

It's morning where I am.

Back
Top Bottom