Run Design

Yep. Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the help!
Nursery netting is kinda like a light duty trampoline looking material. Light weight and far less expensive as hardware cloth. Provides shade and restricts view from above to raptors and such. Your birds will sleep in the house, thus another reason not to have a bullet proof so to speak enclose cover over the run. I wish you the best on what ever you decide/desire. Best regards.:)

Hey Kyle I'am and old Kentucky boy also, I live near Murray. You can use 4x4 post 8 feet on center with welded wire between and if you make about 8 feet wide you can put wire across top to seal off against predators lots of Hawks in this area.

If at all possible make the run tall enough to walk in - you will need to clean it out every so often even if doing deep litter, and it's a massive pain doing so if you can't straighten up.

I only have netting over my run at the moment, otherwise it's not covered. We do get a lot of rain but drainage is fine which is the main concern.

Hey Kyle I'am and old Kentucky boy also, I live near Murray. You can use 4x4 post 8 feet on center with welded wire between and if you make about 8 feet wide you can put wire across top to seal off against predators lots of Hawks in this area.
Thanks for the advise! Nice to hear from a fellow KY boy. Not only do I have hawks to worry about, but I’ve got a pair of Bald Eagles that nest on our farm also.

I went that route, and it is a lot cheaper than going to big box Lowes, Home Depot and ACE hardware. --BB
I went that route, and it is a lot cheaper than going to big box Lowes, Home Depot and ACE hardware. --BB
Luckily I’m salesman at a regional hardware store. I can get 48”x100’ hardware cloth for around $90.

Back
Top Bottom