Run in the Woods

Quote:
hahahahahahaha... that is the way it's usually done isn't it?!
big_smile.png

Hehe. Yeah. I'm a planner to say the least. Not to mention I gotta finish my mud pizza oven before I'm allowed to start something new. After chickens? My very own cheese cave
smile.png

I just built a new coop and run in the woods for my chickens, I was worried about the ground being too damp, not a big worry
big_smile.png
Once they dig up everything, (which doesn't take long) the ground seems to dry up. The girls love it! It was 90 degrees here today and I just went to shut the coop and it is very comfortable in it because of the shade.

HI my run is in the woods and I would suggest using wire ( I used heavy 2x4 wire like heavy garden fence) to cover your run. It takes more work and more structure to fasten it to but you will not regret it. The problem with being in the woods and using netting on top is falling limbs will totally destroy the netting and it is a pain to keep re-catching chickens and try to repair it. The wire holds up much better. Also you get snow even more so then we do here in NEPA and I know for a fact that here netting does not seem to hold up over the winter if you have any type of debris that may cover the netting and hold the snow causing it to collapse under snow weight. If you can, check out the pics in my message about my new coop. There should be pics showing how the outside run is put together if you need better pics of the frame let me know and I will send you some. Hope this helps and good luck
smile.png

thinking chickens is right. the chicks do really want to get out of that brooder
he.gif
but they might be bigger or smaller than you expected so u should wait to build the coop.

Back
Top Bottom