runaway duck

I'm very sorry.

It’s ok. I have a positive spin on it. I gave her $15 for both ducks but she also let me have three chicken eggs that was laying around. I put them in my incubator and I have seven spots in my incubator so I was motivated to pick up some hatching eggs from my neighbor that same day to fill my incubator. So maybe I’ll get some interesting chickens out of the experience. I have dealt with chickens and ducks for several years so I am emotionally equipped for these surprise disappointments. I got out of poultry a few years ago because I let those disappointments get to me. Now I’m a semi pro. I prepare for these surprises. I just got started again this July and plan to make a five year commitment to this project. Thank you for your sympathy though. It’s probably empathy because I’m guessing you have had similar heartbreaks. Thanks for the encouragement. You are officially my BYC neighbor.

Next time you try ducks be sure to give them at least a week of penning up before letting them out so they know where home is. I know you know this but just a reminder.
Oh my gosh many heartaches and thinking I am done, but I keep going for those still with me.
Sure hope you get some really cool chicks from incubating, let me know.

Did Ian visit ya'll?

Back
Top Bottom