Runner Breathing Kinda Hard

She seems to go through cycles. She'll do poorly, then seem fine for a bit, and then go back to feeling poorly. I don't know what to do. I put her back with her sisters again because she's much more relaxed with them. She goes to the little nest she made, fuss about, strain, pant, tremble. Then she will leave the nest and act like her usual self. And it all repeats.

Try an extra dose today and let's see how she is tomorrow. Is she eating and drinking okay?
When my Muscovy was egg bound she was not eating or drinking and was just laying around
She's eating and drinking fine. When I had her in the bathtub, she was begging for peas. She remembers that tub time = pea time.

She's still outside. She is still cycling through sitting in the nest, panting, trembling, straining, and then being a normal duck.

She's eating and drinking fine. When I had her in the bathtub, she was begging for peas. She remembers that tub time = pea time.

She's still outside. She is still cycling through sitting in the nest, panting, trembling, straining, and then being a normal duck.
That kind of sounds a little bit like my girl who had an issue a couple weeks ago. We brought her in for a couple of days. We would have watched her longer but she was driving my husband insane with almost nonstop loud quacking. Even her pen mate even wanted her gone. We just kept treating her with calcium and the soft shelled eggs disappeared and she stopped straining. I wasn't 100 % sure it was her when we started, since she was also broody too. But otherwise she acted like a normal duck. She had a enough energy to jump out of the 3ft pen multiple times in the morning 🙄.

Hopefully your girl will lay that egg and start feeling better.

Hopefully there will be an egg in the morning🙏

That kind of sounds a little bit like my girl who had an issue a couple weeks ago. We brought her in for a couple of days. We would have watched her longer but she was driving my husband insane with almost nonstop loud quacking. Even her pen mate even wanted her gone. We just kept treating her with calcium and the soft shelled eggs disappeared and she stopped straining. I wasn't 100 % sure it was her when we started, since she was also broody too. But otherwise she acted like a normal duck. She had a enough energy to jump out of the 3ft pen multiple times in the morning 🙄.

Hopefully your girl will lay that egg and start feeling better.
Those both sound good to me! I will keep bringing her in at night and keep giving calcium.

She is appily foraging now with the rest of the flock. I palpitayed the heck out of her abdomen (gently, but thoroughly). Nothing feels off.

I would feel a MILLION times better if she'd lay.

16513582288156059213089720841967.jpg

Back
Top Bottom