Runner Breathing Kinda Hard

Let me know if that tuf-foot works out. It would be good to know.

How is Figgy doing?
Much better! Thank you! I gave her calcium and let her out with her sisters today. She wasn't breathing hard, and was acting 100% normal. I just brought her back in and gave her more calcium (and peas, for her trouble). She's resting in a crate in the bathroom to keep the cats away. I also put vaseline on her feet.

I hope to see an egg soon....

Much better! Thank you! I gave her calcium and let her out with her sisters today. She wasn't breathing hard, and was acting 100% normal. I just brought her back in and gave her more calcium (and peas, for her trouble). She's resting in a crate in the bathroom to keep the cats away. I also put vaseline on her feet.

I hope to see an egg soon....
That is so good to hear she is doing better! Hopefully she will lay an egg tonight.

That is so good to hear she is doing better! Hopefully she will lay an egg tonight.
My hubby doesn't think she will in the crate, but he knows even less about ducks than I do - lol!

I hope the tuf foot works. I figure it can't hurt. And the lanolin should arrive tomorrow. I just want to get a handle on things....

My hubby doesn't think she will in the crate, but he knows even less about ducks than I do - lol!

I hope the tuf foot works. I figure it can't hurt. And the lanolin should arrive tomorrow. I just want to get a handle on things....
It is definitely possible that she won't lay in the crate. Some will stop laying during a stressful situation or in new areas they are not comfortable with. Most of mine so far will still lay eggs when separated out. It is also how I have learned who lays what for some of my ducks.

I can understand wanting to get a handle on things. Hopefully things will get easier. Having the right tools for the task always makes things easier.

I gave Figgy the calcium gluconate and took her outside. She ran right over to the nest and is trying to lay.

I've been watching her. She is straining hard, panting, trembling. Is there anything else I can do???

I'm so sorry about your chicken.. When Amiga had one of her Runners egg bound the Calcium Gluconate was what she was given by injection It wouldn't hurt to give her another dose.

Back
Top Bottom