Runner color quesiton--What is "Emery Penciled"?

mominoz

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 17, 2009
North Georgia
I had three alternative dates from Holderreads, which have passed
sad.png
but their hatch hasn't worked out for what I wanted yet , and I could get bumped, (which may be ok)or they asked if I'd consider alternate colors onthe Runner ducks. I had ordered penciled, and really wanted them, but I might consider the fawn and white or another one called "EMERY Penciled"-- I searched and can't find the color and they haven't mailed back yet on my question yet, so I wondered if anyone can tell me what color they are or have a picture. They did have some babies pictured, that seem to have the runner pattern.I also found a "EMORY" in UK that is chocolate--- So are they maybe a chocolate penciled ?

Emery penciled is another name for the british version of fawn and whites, I believe. They look just like fawn and white runners, but they have black on their heads intsead of tan.

I think it is different from that, although I am not sure how. What they call Fawn and White in England, we call Penciled. Our Fawn and White here, is Penciled with blue dilution. Here is a link that covers it to some extent.

http://www.runnerduck.net/photo_album.htm

As far as Emery Penciled, I am not sure what makes them Emery, but I know it is different than the normal Penciled.

Back
Top Bottom