Runner color quesiton--What is "Emery Penciled"?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mominoz, May 8, 2009.

1. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    I had three alternative dates from Holderreads, which have passed [​IMG] but their hatch hasn't worked out for what I wanted yet , and I could get bumped, (which may be ok)or they asked if I'd consider alternate colors onthe Runner ducks. I had ordered penciled, and really wanted them, but I might consider the fawn and white or another one called "EMERY Penciled"-- I searched and can't find the color and they haven't mailed back yet on my question yet, so I wondered if anyone can tell me what color they are or have a picture. They did have some babies pictured, that seem to have the runner pattern.I also found a "EMORY" in UK that is chocolate--- So are they maybe a chocolate penciled ?

2. Thanks for asking this question I hope someone can tell you, I am confused about pencilled runner colors too. If you find out from some source other than this thread please post it on here so we can learn too!

3. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
  4. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Emery penciled is another name for the british version of fawn and whites, I believe. They look just like fawn and white runners, but they have black on their heads intsead of tan.

5. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    I think it is different from that, although I am not sure how. What they call Fawn and White in England, we call Penciled. Our Fawn and White here, is Penciled with blue dilution. Here is a link that covers it to some extent.

http://www.runnerduck.net/photo_album.htm

As far as Emery Penciled, I am not sure what makes them Emery, but I know it is different than the normal Penciled.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by