Runner duck bald patch?

That sounds like a plan . I have 2 Runner drakes with 9 females, The boys don't fight and none of the girls are over mated. This seems to be a good ratio for me. I actually have 3 drakes but my Muscovy drake never messes with the runners and Buffs he has his own Muscovy females. Maybe if you can work it switch the boys out 1X a week so each drakes gets to have time with the females. You could give it a try anyway.

That sounds like a plan . I have 2 Runner drakes with 9 females, The boys don't fight and none of the girls are over mated. This seems to be a good ratio for me. I actually have 3 drakes but my Muscovy drake never messes with the runners and Buffs he has his own Muscovy females. Maybe if you can work it switch the boys out 1X a week so each drakes gets to have time with the females. You could give it a try anyway.
That's a really good idea, I'll definitely give that a go. Thank you so much!

Keep us up on how it's going. The reason we're so adamant about the over breeding is many females can get eye injuries from this. And other injuries also.
I totally understand. I did lots of research when we got the eggs so I know a little about drakes and breeding. The original plan was to get rid of males, but like I said, we all got attached. I will keep an eye on my girlies for any injuries and separate my boys from them. I will definitely give some updates on them!

Afternoon everyone! Here is an update for you all on Storm. After a few days of the spray, her feathers are doing better but she is still a little patchy elsewhere. However, I noticed my other ducks (both male and female) are getting little patchy areas on them also. Overall, we have determined that Storm was going through a small harassment stage with the drakes, which seems to have resolved itself (I've noticed the boys mating with the other girls too) and they are all molting their feathers. I will still be separating them when possible to prevent any serious injuries. Thank you all so much for your advice and help!

Blu kote is great for ring worm and probably for other fungal things as well. Except that close to the eye I would be nervous to spray so the cream might be better

Hi everyone! Just a quick update on Storm and the gang!
Storm has fully molted and now has some gorgeous, fluffy feathers! She was the first to molt and now the others are starting to molt. I'm so happy that it was nothing bad. I'm just an overly concerned duck mama! :D

Hi everyone! Just a quick update on Storm and the gang!
Storm has fully molted and now has some gorgeous, fluffy feathers! She was the first to molt and now the others are starting to molt. I'm so happy that it was nothing bad. I'm just an overly concerned duck mama! :D
I thought she was molting! Glad to hear

I thought she was molting! Glad to hear
All my runners are molting, some are more ahead then others. I did so much research on keeping ducks, but I didn't really know what to expect in regards to their molting and growth. So, Storm is now fully feathered whereas everyone else is at different stages. I'm just glad they're all okay!

Back
Top Bottom