*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

hey guys,
we have 4 indian runners,3girls and a boy,all healthy and vocal.we also have 4 iso brown hens,living together in 2 large outdoor areas,we have a large well sheltered coop and two half dog kennels for protection.no other pets and no predators as we are in suburbia.Large fences,fairly quiet area.
the hens were there first and are 5 months old now.the ducks are 4 months old now and have not started to lay yet,the hens are average layers at best.
they are fed together,pellets and plenty of scraps and leafy greens from the local fruit/veg store.we have 3 plummed in drinking water buckets and two large clam shells for swimming.
I cant think what I'm doing wrong as by now all should be laying regularly,yeah?

any help would be wild
chers
Ray

I wouldn't the duckling knows to get under mom for warmth and it will be tougher than a brooder raised too which is much better. Unless you find the duckling out from under mom acting cold I'd leave it. It's toasty warm under mom and that down.

@Reese7383

Shitty video quality. Phone meets night and faint LED light. It actually looks better than I thought it would. Just not nearly as sharp as I'd like it to be. :D

They are returning to the duck house in the night. They seem to have developed a ritual. They will not go inside on their own (perhaps later during the night when they feel the eggs are coming), yet when I come close and turn on the LED light, they instantly (relative duck time aspect) jump out of the pond, flap their wings to get rid of the water and run into the house. I got the second part of their journey to bed. :D

Shitty video quality. Phone meets night and faint LED light. It actually looks better than I thought it would. Just not nearly as sharp as I'd like it to be. :D

They are returning to the duck house in the night. They seem to have developed a ritual. They will not go inside on their own (perhaps later during the night when they feel the eggs are coming), yet when I come close and turn on the LED light, they instantly (relative duck time aspect) jump out of the pond, flap their wings to get rid of the water and run into the house. I got the second part of their journey to bed. :D
That is cute. The quality was fine. Funny duck burds.

They are so cute. Looked like 2 giant shadows coming to get them, I'd run for the house too. ;)
They are waiting for me to show them the keys and lock them up. ;)
They never showed any affection towards any of us, they were even cautious and a bit afraid. Last couple of months that started changing and one of the ducks started accepting me. At first she didn't want to eat out of my hand even if I offered them fat earthworm. With time, she started with hit-and-run tactic, she snapped the treat and ran a few steps away from me. Now she will go for the worm and sometimes they start running towards me. How long can it take when you get adult ducks! Time to get some baby ducks I think. :)

Back
Top Bottom