*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckLover2399, Dec 15, 2011.

1. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    ✭ Hey all! Runner duck lovers, come hang here! Talk everything runner duck! ✭

Members
    DuckLover2399
    Galgo98
    Amiga
    AnimalPro24
    Featherfinder
    Duckyfromoz
    Suzi
    WestKnollAmy
    Wish to be Members
    (None yet)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
    15 people like this.
  2. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Here's a pic of my blue runner female, Spock!
    [​IMG]
    I think I'll try and get some better photos of her today.

austroberta likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Okay, I'll jump in! (Been busy this week - more details to be posted at a later date).

Seems my chocolate and black runners get more "snow" with each molt. I'd read that this can happen. And yes, I'll need to upload some pics soon, which means I'll need to take some!

It's interesting to me how the snow comes in differently for some of the ducks. Zwei was the first to start getting white feathers. At almost two years old, her belly is white, her shoulders are white, and she has smatterings of white on her back and tail. Her head has been solid chocolate brown until a few weeks ago and is now beginning to be flecked with tiny white feathers. She looks like she's wearing a pinafore!

The other chocolates have varying amounts of white on their bellies - it's almost like checkerboards.

Most of the black runners just have a little snow on their shoulders. But Sieben is now salt and pepper everywhere but her tail.

They are all perfectly lovely, of course!

Who else has snow-splashed dark Runners?

4. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

I have 4! Love them all!

[​IMG]

Amiga!!! Can i make a request? I hear you talk about your runners all the time and give great info about them but i have yet to see a picture of them. Can you please post a picture of them? [​IMG]

5. Jen C

Jen C Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2011
    Oak Run, CA
    Just ordered 12 top SQ Runners from Holderreads for this next Spring (8 Penciled and 4 Emery Penciled) [​IMG] I can't wait to get them!!! I used to raise/show white Runners but lost my last one a few years ago. I really miss having them around. Anyone else have penciled Runners from Holderreads that they want to share pictures of? [​IMG]

6. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I have been raising waterfowl for 30 years..but only 2 and a half years with Runners. Looking back now I cant believe it took me so long to start with these wonderful ducks. I have brooders going year round, but after about February march things will be slowing down for me in the front since I will have my full breeding/ show team for the year. Here are a few pic of mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. DuckLover2399

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Animalpro - [​IMG] Cutte duck!

Amiga - I love reading all your posts about ducks! Your so informative! I need pictures!

Feather finder - Cute duckies! They look happy.

Jen C - Can't wait for you to see how great they are!

Duckfromoz - I have .. Duckling urge.

Okay so any of you guys want your name up there? If ya do just tell me what color and I'll add ya!

8. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Do your runners swim/bathe in their pool or pond very often? It seems like my girl barley ever gets in. Hmmm.....

1 person likes this.
  9. DuckLover2399

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Oh yes! We have a pond, and Everytime I go out there they are in it!

10. BirdyGirl7198

BirdyGirl7198 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2011
    Lethbridge
    My little runner duckling, Edgie. She is always with me in spirit <3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by