*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Hello, all,

My ace photographer has been under the weather for a while and is just getting back into the swing of things.

I am hoping there will be recent video posted before too long, but we cannot push the artistic. Well, I don't like to push for favors.

In the meantime, I have posted a number of videos of the Runners' first year, and this is one from last winter.

I hope this link works.

Regarding swimming, most of mine will dive in and splash around happily. Sieben and Vier not so much. They do a good job of head washing, and will dip their heads so that water runs down their backs and then they preen, preen, preen. But actually get in the swim pan? Well, they'll think about it.

I tried taking some pics last month of Sieben, who is really splotched with white now. But she wouldn't hold still for a fraction of a second.

Better pictures of Spock, I just took them!
91615_240.jpg

91615_231.jpg

Quote:
Got them about 2 years ago from holderreads Top SQ penciled stock.
24661_runners.jpg

They go through a weird color stage just before the moult where they look more like fawn and white from a distance, but get pretty again after the moult. The penciling still very much needs to be worked on, because you will get some with less than ideal penciling and others that are just outstanding. That was my experience with my origional starter flock from holderreads since then I have just been hatching hatching hatching and keeping the best marked individuals. Good luck you will love them.

And another pic with all ages. Oh and be fair warned that holderreads penciled runners carry recessive white. I got quite a surprise with mine once I started hatching eggs from them. Every hatch had 1-3 all white ducklings. Seemed like a very high rate too compared to pencileds that hatched. You will see a couple in the pic that I culled from the flock before they were old enough to breed.
24661_runner_flocks.jpg

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the pics! Wow, they are really beautiful. I just love this variety
droolin.gif
That is very interesting that you got so many whites when you hatched. That certainly wasn't something I was expecting, but at least I know now. Still can't wait to get my babies in the Spring
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom