*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

I've heard how flighty Runners are . . . mine are energetic, but overall quite calm and friendly. For this I am grateful.
smile.png

Couple of mine are flighty. My one runner that was an indoor duck for awhile can actually fly! some what lol. I use to throw him up a little and he would flap and go as far as he could. Now he stands on top of the duck house (3 1/2ft tall) and jumps off and flys over the enclosure fence (7ft tall) and lands on the other side wondering how to get back in the pen with his friends
lol.png

My Avatar is of the first runner baby we ( well Bonnie - her Mum ) hatched here - Clyde is the proud Father.....

My Avatar managed to hatch 11 eggs too.... ours are a mix of beige (females) and the males are a mix of green/black/blue - we also have 5 whites which came from Quackidoodie.... the Avatar!

I want some more now - maybe blacks - love them!

Suzie

Hello everyone! I just got my first ever ducklings in my life and they happens to be a runners
smile.png
I was looking for a company for chick I have hatched and couldn't find any same age, but I found same age trio runners from local farm. I didn't know how it's going to be... one chick and three ducklings.. But here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edj1XFrg-us&feature=youtube_gdata_player
p.s
. later I had to separate them anyway. But they stay in same brooder and can see eachother thru the glass
smile.png

Last edited:
i love my runners but they are the most skittish. i am actually going to hatch eggs from them and my cayugas and pekins and make my own dual purpose birds. the ones i have now are pets and for eggs only though. cant wait to see what the offspring look like. my runners look just like my cayugas but stretched out a bit.

Back
Top Bottom