*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckLover2399, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I had not had time when I first saw these photo's to respond (I was using a phone and that takes forever for me).

So, just want to say WOW! also [​IMG]

2. Amiga

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Sounds good. Do you have runners yet?

3. duckguy1

duckguy1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2013
    Ontario

Yes i do i have some white an fawn runners

4. Amiga

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Nice! Do you have fun with them? My runners are a hoot. Some of the best company I have.[​IMG]

5. duckguy1

duckguy1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2013
    Ontario
    Oh yes i show them at fairs too i also have many different breeds of ducks to

6. Flowerbh

Flowerbh Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Dawsonville, GA
    I have a female runner duck that is now about 29 1/2 weeks old and is still not laying eggs. Is this normal? Do they do like chickens and not lay when the days are short? Although I have to say, my chickens are laying very well right now. I just wondered. We have walked around the lake where they all like to hang out and have not found any eggs. She and the other runners (younger ones) come home to the chicken coop every night. Also, their are some weekends that they are not out of the coop/run all weekend and still have not seen an egg. Thoughts please.

7. gardengoats11

gardengoats11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Northern KY
    My runners started laying at 4.5 months (middle of October). This morning I collected 6 eggs. They are laying about every other day. Some days I get 4 green and 2 white eggs. The next day I will get 4 white and 2 green eggs. So they all aren't laying each day. Temps were below freezing all day yesterday.

They will lay while on the water which you won't find the eggs. You may have missed her laying this year since the days have gotten shorter. I was surprised when my runners started laying as I wasn't expecting eggs until spring.

1 person likes this.
  8. ShayBaby

ShayBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Lucasville, OH
    Good gracious. I have 8 ducky gals, oldest home-raised is over 9 months, youngest is almost 7 months. Even have one runner girl I bought that's over a year old. Have never received a single egg from any of them. Lazy ducks.

9. Flowerbh

Flowerbh Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Dawsonville, GA
    Yea! I got my first Runner duck egg today! She is 30 weeks old!

10. 19home

19home Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2013
    I have two ducks ;a male penciled runner and a female mallard/rouen mix and they mate to have baby mixes

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by