Runner Duck Hatch-a-Long! 2021

Pics
Of the three blue runner eggs that hatched, the little grey one is the closest I got in colour. She has no BR drakes so not sure what the father is. It’s still hanging in the incubator and we’re giving him electrolytes and he seems to getting stronger.
The other one still hanging out in the bator is different from the others too. Would the drake here be Rouen or Khaki Campbell with the stripes at his eyes? Pretty sure it was from a Pekin egg. He’s still pretty weak, hoping for an improvement by the morning. The others all seem pretty perky. One that hatched from a runner egg is all yellow so I’m assuming pekin drake. Two other yellows straight Pekin and the black and yellow? Not sure. She does also have Cayuga drakes.

Any guesses would be great. I’ll probably post on the breed or gender forum when they’re all healthy.

9EB84BED-2116-4D1A-BFAA-13D46A14D5F8.jpeg 01A996A0-5693-4591-9477-738A7B0AA66A.jpeg 547830A9-EAC1-4B78-A5BD-3BD1A4F762AD.jpeg

Of the three blue runner eggs that hatched, the little grey one is the closest I got in colour. She has no BR drakes so not sure what the father is. It’s still hanging in the incubator and we’re giving him electrolytes and he seems to getting stronger.
The other one still hanging out in the bator is different from the others too. Would the drake here be Rouen or Khaki Campbell with the stripes at his eyes? Pretty sure it was from a Pekin egg. He’s still pretty weak, hoping for an improvement by the morning. The others all seem pretty perky. One that hatched from a runner egg is all yellow so I’m assuming pekin drake. Two other yellows straight Pekin and the black and yellow? Not sure. She does also have Cayuga drakes.

Any guesses would be great. I’ll probably post on the breed or gender forum when they’re all healthy.

View attachment 2602943View attachment 2602950View attachment 2602951
I’m not good with breed guessing on ducklings but what I can tell you is they are all stinkin’ cute!! 😍

My three were named by my kids and are Poppy (for the one we hatched), Lizabelle for the fluffy yellow, and Charlie for the black and yellow one. They are all runners :)

AND I’m off for a drive to get a little pekin duckling...because I can’t help myself!!!!

Well, I can not tell which ones might be half runner. All are pretty cute to me! 11 hatched of the 17 eggs set. 3 are still in the incubator drying out.

Attachments

• IMG_6058.JPG
    IMG_6058.JPG
    382.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6067.JPG
    IMG_6067.JPG
    408.1 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom