Runner duck with yellowish color around eyes

pattyhen

Chicks Ducks oh my
15 Years
Apr 20, 2007
I have a runner duck named Honey Boo Boo and she is almost a year old. I have noticed around the outside of her eyes it has a yellowish color.. Is there anything I can do for her..

any help will be greatly appreciated..

thank you

Patty

It is a crusty dry yellow color around her eyes.. I will try the apple cider vinegar in her water..

thanks so much for your help.

Patty

I had a Fawn and White Runner that had that crusty eye too, but no other real symptoms. It creeped me out pretty seriously, but I think it was just the way she was. Crusty dry yellow doesn't bother me like slimy wet yellow would. Hopefully the ACV will clear it up. :)

My male fawn and white indian runner had this happen this winter. I used the apple cider vinegar method and it worked.

Thanks so much for your replies I've been worried about her..

Patty

I just got the apple vinegar today and put it in the water bowls.. I'll let you know how things go. She was the last duckling that hatched. The momma had the other babies out and my husband found her laying in the nest cold and wet. He brought her in the house and rubbed her with towels and put her under a heat light. She didn't want nothing to do with her mom so she was raised with two baby chicks.. She doesn't know she is a duck.. She lives in the chicken coop with the other chickens now. She is pretty special to us. I will let you know how she does. Thanks for asking about her..

Patty

I had a Fawn and White Runner that had that crusty eye too, but no other real symptoms. It creeped me out pretty seriously, but I think it was just the way she was. Crusty dry yellow doesn't bother me like slimy wet yellow would. Hopefully the ACV will clear it up.
smile.png

HollyDuck, do you mean to let the duck dip it's eyes into the ACV water? I've always wondered if it's ok to put ACV in their head dipping water; because it's acidic, can it hurt their eyes? Thanks in advance!

@TracyLovesDucks
I understand that concern. But when you're talking 1-2 Tablespoons ACV diluted with water, I think yes, the mixture will be very slightly acidic, but still, that would be a very very weak solution.

Back
Top Bottom