Runner Ducks need for swimming ... Winter in MI

ct26

Hatching
7 Years
Jul 25, 2012
I am concerned about how to provide my two runner ducks with swimming water in the winter months in MI....any suggestions?

I am concerned about how to provide my two runner ducks with swimming water in the winter months in MI....any suggestions?
What most of us do is put up our pools and only offer swim time on days when temps are above freezing, I use the heavy rubber cement mixing tubs, You can buy them at Lowes Home depot adn TSC I think mine was 12.99 a couple years ago. They can go without swimming but do need to be able to wash their faces, so you may want to consider buying a heated bucket for them it runs on a thermostat so only comes on below freezing.

I have purchased a heater water bowl already; Thanks for the idea on swimming pool!

Something that works for my runners is a very deep, large soup pot. No, no, no, not that!!!!!

I mean for washing up in the morning!

In the depths of winter, I bring them a fresh pot of water first thing, and they use it mostly for washing up. Then an hour later I refresh it again, and they use that for drinking. This was not my idea . . . . they led the way on this one.

And when there are mild days, I drag out the concrete mixing pan and fill it.

added (thanks Miss Lydia for the reminder)

welcome-byc.gif
and to Duckdom!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom