Runner not eating

A Renee

Chirping
Jul 17, 2022
Hello,
This morning my runner duck is a completely different duck. She just stands in one place, drinking a lot. She will not eat, no matter what I try putting out. Her poop is watery, almost clear. She did lay an egg this morning, so that’s normal.. but her behavior is completely off. She’s my talkative one, my girl that runs all over and eats like a pig. Not today. Any ideas? Please.

How is her crop? Does it feel hard or squishy like a water balloon? I wonder if she has an impacted crop or something like that. Does she free range or have access to grit?

Just because she laid an egg, doesn't necessarily mean that she is not having some other egg laying issue.

The fact that she is drinking only makes me wonder if there is some blockage by either egg or something she ate.

I am going to tag @Miss Lydia and @HollowOfWisps and see if they have other thoughts on the matter.

How is her crop? Does it feel hard or squishy like a water balloon? I wonder if she has an impacted crop or something like that. Does she free range or have access to grit?

Just because she laid an egg, doesn't necessarily mean that she is not having some other egg laying issue.

The fact that she is drinking only makes me wonder if there is some blockage by either egg or something she ate.

I am going to tag @Miss Lydia and @HollowOfWisps and see if they have other thoughts on the matter.
Sorry we had rain and when we have rain I haven't internet :(

So sorry to hear that. With such a quick decline, there was unlikely anything you could have done.

Thank you, I appreciate your response. I wish I knew why, what happened. That’s the worst for me. I am probably too protective of my animals, but I make it my mission to keep them safe. I just don’t understand.

Back
Top Bottom